where nicster rants on issues of local interest, global interest and of absolutely no interest at all...

Saturday, July 02, 2005

All American Final!

Well, I hate to do a I TOLD YOU SO but to hcfoo, who posted a comment to my previous blog... well, so much for 100% :) Just kidding, always appreciate comments.

But yes, Maria Sharapova has failed to defend her title - Venus Williams outplayed her in a spectacular match last night, which ended just before the rain started again (the games were delayed because of rain). The second wave of rain delayed the match between Lindsay Davenport and Amelie Mauresmo in the deciding set.


The smile said everything (Source: www.venuswilliams.com)


Now, the thing I'm most happy is was that it wasn't so much Maria playing badly. She had a good game. But Venus, oh Venus, if you can maintain this form - this is no doubt the start of a very exciting career comeback!

And for Lindsay, who need only a couple of minutes to win the semi-finals tonight (the final set was left hanging at 5-3 in favour of Lindsay last night) with an amazing service set.


First final since 2000! (Source: www.wimbledon.org)


Now, it's an All American Final - which I must say, I'm pretty happy because it's my two favourite players... That said, I'm kinda torn - who do I want to win? I think it's leaning towards Lindsay at the moment - she's been the most consistent over the past couple of years, even had a year end number one last year - but just not getting that Grand Slam. But really, whoever wins, I'm a happy camper. :) Sharapova lost. MUAHAHAHA

In men's - sigh - Hewitt has lost to Federer... Hopefully Andy Roddick will beat Thomas Johansson and then take on Federer in the final and take his first ever Wimbledon. *fingers crossed*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home